Faculty of education is one of the academic wings that University of Gondar embeds with its structure. To facilitate its work and ensure the realization of its goal, the faculty has different supportive units with different but complementary missions. One from those units serving the purpose of the faculty is the exam center. This center is established in 2005 EC as a measure of the university’s decentralization effort to maximize its operational efficiency. The launching of the exam center as a work unit is to engage in the following tasks aiming at strengthening the teaching learning process of the departments comprising the faculty.
- Giving printing and duplication services of examinations and modules.
- Initiating trainings on pedagogical issues through needs assessment.
- Documenting course curricula and syllabi of the different courses given in the different departments.
- Supporting teachers in their efforts of implementing continuous assessment.
- Analyzing students’ results of comprehensive exams to evaluate the effectiveness of the instructional process in the faculty.
- Following up and reporting the implementation of continuous assessment to the university exam directorate.
- Acting as a reservoir (exam bank) of examinations of the different courses given in the different departments.
- Making sure that final examinations are duplicated after a quality-checkup process from the respective department